- Out on the land: income, subsistence activities, and food sharing networks in Nain, Labrador. In: Journal of Anthropology 2013.
- Kinship, family, and exchange in a labrador inuit community. In: Arctic Anthropology 50.1, pp. 89–104.
- A Reexamination of Connectivity Trends via Exponential Random Graph Modeling in Two IDU Risk Networks, in Substance Use & Misuse. 2013.
- Assessing respondent driven sampling for network studies in ethnographic contexts. In: Advances in Anthropology 3, p. 1.
- Estimating the Size of the Methamphetamine-Using Population in New York City Using Network Sampling Techniques, in Adv. in Applied Sociology. 2012.
- Dynamics of Methamphetamine Markets in New York City, in Final Technical Report to the National Institute of Justice. 2011.
July 2012 - Present
- Measured Propensity for violence in young men in neghborhoods of concentrated disadvantage funded by NYC Council.
- Created web mapping tools using d3, TileMill and Leaflet for anti-violence project funded by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Estimated prison populations using ARIMA and queuing theory funded by Pew Charitable Trust
- Developed neighborhood and property analytics software for Cook County Landbank delivered as a Django python application
- Integrated mapping, economic and demographic data
February 2010 - May 2013
- Conducted original research on public health and criminal justice
issues including prison simulation, suicide, domestic violence
supported by NIH and NSF.
- Conducted original research on detecting causal relations
supported by CUNY Advanced Research Collaborative.
Data Science Summer Fellow
DSSI, UofI Urbana-Champaigne
- Worked on a Web and iPhone Application for crime mapping and safe routing
- Funded by the US Department of Homeland Security
- Compiled Languages: C, C++, Java
- Libraries: D3.js, Leaflet.js, ggplot2, Django, Rails, Postgres, MySql
- Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, UNIX, Bash, Powershell
Awards, Honors and Grants